Update,

I have the class cast exception removed, but it's a really strange fix.

I've zipped up the class files com/blah/something/hi into a zip and placed
the zip file into the orion/lib dir. The class files from the
web-inf/classes directory match the class files in the .zip but when the
zip is added to the lib folder everything runs fine.

Is this normal?

Justen Stepka