I'm having the same problem as Daniel. It's not a matter of touching or
recreating the .war. Daniel wrote that he tried that already.

For me, the automatic redeployment of .ear files works fine. Whenever I
overwrite the .ear file, orion starts redeploying right away. However, when
I make my .war part of the global-application by editing the following line
in <orion>/config/application.xml:

        <web-module id="defaultWebApp" path="../default-web-app" />

orion doesn't redeploy my web application when I overwrite the .war.
Instead, I have to restart the server for it to pick up the changes.

....<several minutes later>....

Just occurred to me that perhaps touching the file
<orion>/config/application.xml would trigger redeployment. And indeed it
does, problem solved.

Marcel