From: Frank LaRosa
To: Orion-Interest
Sent: 3/31/01 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: ejb-jar file location

Thanks. I got it going by copying one of the demo applications. That's
OK
since I'm eventually going to build a web application, although it does
seem
like I should be able to deploy an individual EJB without having to set
up
an entire application hierarchy.

Connecting to an EJB from a Java client (not a servlet, and not in a jar
file) was also difficult to figure out. My opinion of Orion is that it
could
use some better documentation and tutorials, the ones they provide are
very
narrowly-focused on producing a specific type of web application, and
don't
address the numerous other ways that people can use EJBs.