I was doing autoupdate to a 1.3.8 installation - after re-installing at the 1.4.5 level the problem is gone.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 12:14 PM
Subject: admin.jar deploy failed after autoupdate

I've been using admin.jar to deploy my apps for several months, but it failed after I did an autoupdate on my server (about Mar 13th).  The failure messages are endless repetition of:

at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServerSystemProperties.getProperty(JAX)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:562)
at com.evermind.server.Application.w8(JAX)
at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServerSystemProperties.getProperty(JAX)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:562)
at com.evermind.server.Application.w8(JAX)
at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServerSystemProperties.getProperty(JAX)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:562)
at com.evermind.server.Application.w8(JAX)

In the interim, I've been shutting down the server, replacing the ear file in orion/applications and restarting, which works fine, except that I have to shutdown and restart. Incidentally, an advantage of the approach is that it avoids admin.jar's habit of renaming previous deployment (by prepending '_' to the app name ) instead of replacing it.

The NT command to invoke admin jar was:

F:\swd\jEapps\orion-primer-eap>java -jar c:\orion\admin.jar ormi://localhost/ admin pwd -deploy -file F:\swd\jEapps\orion-primer-eap\rel\primer-ep.ear -deploymentName primer-eap

Is this hangup in the admin.jar command a known bug ?

Thanks for your attention

Bill.