Strangely enough, I ran into this problem yesterday.  It seems that different
browsers report the value of the CONTENT-LENGTH variable differently.  for
reasons I acn't conceive of, MSIE deducts 2 characters from the length it
reports for each @ in the form output.  Netscape does not.
I don't know if the CGI servlet uses teh CONTENT-LENGTH variable to terminate
its read of teh form output, but if it does, that may be where the problem
lies.
This may be a job for the folks at orion to look into.

Dave Oliver