Kalle:

I'm curious, when you say developing J2EE apps, what is the nature of the
application(s) you are developing?  Are you looking for Java IDE's with
helpers for servlet, EJB, and/or JSP component development?  Or are you
looking for an IDE that supports the full life-cycle of web application
development, integration, configuration, deployment, and/or management?

If your interest is in the later, and not just the former, take a look at
PortalStudio from Mongoose Technology, Inc. (http://www.mongoosetech.com).
PortalStudio consists of an IDE and server, bundled with Orion, for
designing, developing, assembling, deploying, and managing J2EE compliant
portals.  It's a framework for enterprise application integration, content
management, component development with reusable libraries, community
development, on-line collaboration, and a commitment to industry standards.
It does not attempt to replace the functionality of a Kawa or JBuilder IDE,
but rather serves as a higher-level IDE to bring together the more specific
tools (XML schema editors, Java IDE's, graphics editors, etc.) that each
contributor to a web application project would use, and as an API for
consolidating organizational resources (structured and unstructured data,
user management, application security and integration, etc.).  It even
generates Java code shells for new components.

BTW, Orion is bundled with Mongoose PortalStudio because it seemed to have
the most complete J2EE implementation, is lightweight and fast, offers free
development licenses, and production licenses are relatively inexpensive.
However, our product is designed to allow deployment of a singular portal
"definition" to any J2EE compliant application server platform.  Currently
Orion is the only fully supported and tested platform, but we plan to
provide support for additional app servers based on market trends and
specification compliance.  For instance, WebLogic deployment is currently
under development and expected soon.  In addition, the API is available for
others to develop additional "adaptors" to handle any application server
specific configuration steps required for deployment on the platform of
choice.

Anyway, enough said, please feel free to visit the website or contact me
directly if you want more information...

Thanks,

Jason Coward
Technical Relationship Manager
Mongoose Technology, Incorporated