I was under the impression that the domain has always been owned by the
Orion organization.  They just pointed it at whoever was willing to
maintain the community site.

I have a suggestion.  Lets take a slice of a Wiki system, say the
Portland Pattern Repository at http://www.c2.com.  I think the Wiki
nature will lend itself well to a community group like this.  It will
also act as a FAQ-O-MATIC.

The natural starting point is:
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?OrionServer

Jeff