Howdy All.

I'm running Orion 1.3.8 on Linux with an Informix database.  I'm getting
strange database errors such as:

                com.evermind.server.rmi.OrionRemoteException:
                    Database error:  Column size too large.

Informix limits column names to 18 characters and I'm below that limit.

I've also been getting an error saying that a database file is locked.
No-one else is in my database, so I believe that I'm trying to access
the same table in sequential finder method calls that are too close
together, time-wise.

So, I suspect that my problems lie with database connections.

How do I determine if my data-source is capable of pooling connections?

My data-sources.xml looks like this:

<data-source
  name="K2 data source"
  class="com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource"
  location="jdbc/DefaultDS"
  pooled-location="jdbc/DefaultPooledDS"
  xa-location="jdbc/xa/DefaultXADS"
  ejb-location="jdbc/DefaultEJBDS"
  schema="/usr/local/orion-1.3.8/config/database-schemas/informix.xml"
  url="jdbc:informix-sqli://xxx:xxx/xxx:informixserver=xxx"
  connection-driver="com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver"
  username = xxx
  password = xxx
/>

Are there better driver managers to use instead of ConnectionDataSource?

I did some jndi lookups and got the following info:

When I do:
    Object pooledDs = namingContext("jdbc/DefaultPooledDS");
    System.out.println(pooledDs);
I get:
    jdbc/DefaultPooledDS

When I do:
    Object xaDs = namingContext("jdbc/xa/DefaultXADS");
    System.out.println(xaDs);
I get:
    XA Orion Pooled jdbc:informix-sqli://xxx:xxx/xxx:informixserver=xxx

When I do:
    Object ejbDs = namingContext("jdbc/DefaultEJBDS");
    System.out.println(ejbDs);
I get:
    jdbc/DefaultEJBDS

When I do:
    Object defaultDs = namingContext("jdbc/DefaultDS");
    System.out.println(defaultDs);
I get:
    jdbc:informix-sqli://xxx:xxx/xxx:informixserver=xxx

Are these 4 names all bound to the same driver? (Ifxjdbc.jar)

Thanks.

Josh Lisle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]