Hi, has anyone any successful experiences with the -secure option? I have
been trying to run orion with this security option. I have updated
java.policy to be able to run orion:

grant codeBase "file:/c:/orion/-" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

With this addition to the java.policy file orion started to run nicely. Now
the problem I keep encountering is that I cannot read a file from within a
servlet. I even added a 'grant all' entry to the java.policy file:

grant {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

But still I keep getting security exceptions while trying to read from disk.
This is the error I keep receiving:

500 Internal Server Error
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
D:\orion\applications\IN-Store.ear\IN-Store\WEB-INF\xml\event-definitions.xm
l read)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:272)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
        at com.evermind.server.hj.checkPermission(JAX)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:890)
        at com.evermind.server.hj.checkRead(JAX)
        at java.io.File.exists(File.java:543)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.getResource(JAX)
        at
com.inception.instore.control.web.translator.RequestTranslator.init(RequestT
ranslator.java:55)
        at
com.inception.instore.control.web.EventManager.init(EventManager.java:65)
        at
com.inception.instore.control.web.MainControlServlet.getEventManager(MainCon
trolServlet.java:144)
        at
com.inception.instore.control.web.MainControlServlet.init(MainControlServlet
.java:54)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.xc(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.wu(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.u5(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.eg.s9(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.eg.dr(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

Suggestions anyone?