Alby and Randy,

Alby, the ISP is set up not to 'proxy' or filter the .jsps.  You may put
them in your normal '/public' or 'wwwwhatever' directories, and use the
appserver by specifying the port it responds to.  The ':8080' notation is
necessary for the .jsps to work.  I know this causes problems for some of
your customers, but it is the way the ISP is set up and only they can change
it, especially using this configuration.

Randy, you hit the nail on the head; in your case, the appserver was set up
to expect .jsp and binariy apps to be in a specific directory or directories
(or maybe NOT in a specific directory, ie. 'HTML' was for static HTML
pages).

Now for some info:

1.  JSPs are servlet code, embedded in HTML ... you need to tell the app
server that executes them what to do...most servers allow you to do this in
only a limited number of directories or by specifying a specific port,
separate from the httpd.  JSP are different from ASP and HTML.  OTOH,
in-line ASP on an IIS server needs to be in a directory configured to run it
as an ASP script. (Same with mod-perl and PHP on NT, too, BTW).
2.  The :8080 that Alby puts after her URL is supposed to redirect requests
for pages to the appserver.  If you try to run those pages in the webserver,
unless it is properly configured (see the notes on using Apache as a front
end for Orion in http://orionsupport.com) it will treat the JSPs as binaries
(especially in NT) and send the message to the client-browser, initating a
download.  There are two ways to configure the webserver to pass the JSP to
the appserver:  in-line modules (in IIS/NT this is possibly called an ISAPI
filter, depending on your setup) or a proxy mod (or using a separate port,
but there we are again!).

Your ISP needs to instruct you better and send you more information on their
setups.  You need to better research the technologies you are using, in
order to ask the right questions and understand the answers.

dedmike