Two approaches come to mind.

First, using orion-specific features, deploy your shared ejb in an
application that is parent to all of the applications that reference it.

Second is to deploy the ejb component within each application. I don't
believ that the J2EE spec allows one application to use components in
another application.

Regards,

Earl

At 17:34 4/10/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to use one and the same ejb.jar for a number of applications:
>app1, app2, ..., appn.
>
>Preferably I would connect to the bean of app1 using
>context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/app1/myBean").
>
>1. is this possible?
>2. which settings do I have to addapt?
>
>I'm sort of guessing if I would use <ejb-ref-mapping
>location="ejb/app1/myBean" name="ejb/myBean" />
>in orion-ejb-jar.xml, getting close.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with this???
>
>Thanks in advance,
>FE
>
>Frank Eggink
>Swift Applications