Oh, well...for anyone that HASN'T made up their minds:

for most problems in a J2EE dev environment, 3-day turnaround (remember the
3-days is the guarantee, not the actual time-to-fulfillment) and
single-incident or incident packs are sufficient.  For the truly paranoid,
monthly subscriptions are available, but the contracting company must price
them far more expensively, because the company must ensure that they have
the requisite bandwidth.

Also keep in mind that this list still exists, and people do get problems
solved here.

If I had to recommend to a client on engagement, I would say to try the
single-incident, since I would also assure that I had experienced, capable,
J2EE developers on hand for the project.  If it were truly a
rapid-development project, I would recommend a monthly subscription for the
development effort, which would mean _one_month_.

I think this is good news, because Cadrion is a Cable and Wireless Company
and I believe that this would be sufficient, even for my largest, most
paranoid clients.

As to the poster's cost estimates, obviously, this person hasn't recently
done business with the BEAst or tried to develop legally under their
licenses (not to mention with their latest offering....bleeecccchhhh).

...and let us not forget that BEA forced Orion to take their offerings out
of the Orion benchmarks because Orion beat them soundly in every instance.

dedmike