I don't know what the others do, but we split different projects in
different servers(orion instances), as we want to be able to stop/start
applications without affecting the rest. Now that hot deployment is
becoming a reality, we might start concentrating them using different
applications inside the same container instance. As we use a proxy
server in the port 80, the external URL will be exactly the same so no
problem.
Of course, in our case we prefer paying the extra step, the proxy,
because our performance requirements are not too high.
Just my 2ec,
D.