From: Mike N. Christoff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 May 2001 18:48
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: CLUSTERING PROBLEM FINALLY SOLVED!! <web-module>

With the help of Jeff Hubbach, we were finally able to get orion http clustering to work for all our applications, not just the default-web-app.

So what was the problem??

A) Although the orion docs say otherwise, you MUST manually add the <cluster-config /> tag to the orion/application-deployments/myapp/myapp-web/orion-web.xml file.

B) B was the main problem for us, since even before we got it working, we had manually added the cluster-config tag.  What we were missing was the following tag in orion/config/application.xml:

<web-module id="myapp" path="../applications/myapp/" />
None of us here have EVER read ANYTHING in the orion docs that say you must have an entry for your web app in config/application.xml.  Where is config/application.xml mentioned in the orion primer???  Where is it mentioned in application-creation-howto.html???  It isn't!!

I find the fact that this isn't mentioned in the docs cited above OR!! the docs for http clustering to be a horrible oversight on the part of the orion doc writers and orion authors.  The fact we had to spend overs 2 weeks trying to solve this problem is absolutely horrible.  They REALLY REALLY REALLY need to fully document the server PROPERLY!! before they add ONE new feature.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who helped us out, it was greatly appreciated.

Michael N. Christoff
Developer, Eldan Software, Ltd.
Toronto, Canada
www.eldan.com