Thanks for the advice guys.

The thing I have in mind is to build a logwrapper around log4j to not only
log to a file but also send a sms/mail etc.. and to keep track of the
already send sms to overcome resending within a short period.

I was thinking about a jms EJB logger, that is: it communicates through jms
with the sender to be completely independend and to let the sender continue
his job as fast as possible.

I think this would be a good idea, not ?? but I am very curious about the
performance ?

Eddie