Chaya Ramanujam wrote:

> Can someone give me details on the auto-deployment feature in Orion?

Add a the following line to the default-web-site.xml (config directory),
under default-web-app line:

<web-app application="{application name}" name="{symbolic name}"
root="{root under webserver}" />

and the following line in the server.xml (config directory), under
<global-application ... /> line:

<application name="{symbolic name}" path="{path + file name where ear is
to be found}" />

> How do you go about getting an app deployed automatically?  Is there a
> way to turn this feature off using a tag in the orion config files?

Yes. There is an argument in the web-app line, load-on-startup, which
you can set to true/false.

See http://www.orionserver.com/dtds/web-site.dtd for more details.

> If this feature is on by default, is it possible to have an app
> installed on the server, but not deployed?
>
> Thanks for your help..
>
> --CR.

Good luck

--