Hi,

This is a newbie question, I guess...  Here is the situation:

I have a web application (a bunch of servlets, JSPs, and supporting classes)
I want to deploy to multiple Orion instances.  Some of these instances are
for QA, some are inside the firewall, and some are outside the firewall.  My
application has external dependencies on databases and files in the
filesystem that are not part of the application itself.  Rather than
hard-code these values, I include them as <context-param>s in
WEB-INF/web.xml.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to build my web application on my development
machine, package it as a WAR file, and deploy it by just FTPing the WAR into
the appropriate directory on my various Orion instances.  The problem is, my
configuration parameters are in WEB-INF/web.xml, which is inside the WAR
file.  These configuration parameters have to be different for my different
instances (e.g. different directory structure, different database connection
parameters, etc.).  But the web.xml file inside the WAR file always
overwrites the one already deployed, which means each time I distribute my
WAR file to my different instances, I have to 1) wait for Orion to
auto-unpack the archive, then 2) manually change the settings in
WEB-INF/web.xml on each instance.

Of course if I avoid putting container-specific (i.e. deployment
environment-specific) parameters in WEB-INF/web.xml, then the same web.xml
will work on all of my various instances.  But then where do I put config
parameters such as "log level," "log file directory," and "path to
my-secret-files", etc., which are used by the application but are specific
to the particular deployment environment?

Does Orion provide a way to specify config parameters for an application on
a per-container basis?

    Thanks,

    Attila
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Bodis;Attila
FN:Attila Bodis
NICKNAME:Attila
ORG:OracleMobile;OracleMobile Online Studio
TITLE:Development Lead
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(650) 506-4767
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(650) 346-6156
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;10bpM205;500 Oracle Pkwy=0D=0AMailstop 10bp2;Redwood Shores;CA;94065
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:10bpM205=0D=0A500 Oracle Pkwy=0D=0AMailstop 10bp2=0D=0ARedwood Shores, CA 94=
065
X-WAB-GENDER:2
URL:http://studio.oraclemobile.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]