See below.

>From: "Derek M. A. Lee-Wo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Creating an EJB
>Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 16:21:40 -0400
>
>I need some help.  I'm trying to learn to create an EJB and use it from a
>JSP.
>
>I've seen some examples where I have to package everything into a war file
>(ejb and JSP) and I've gotton that to work in the past.  Is this mandatory?

Nop, it's not necessary to package everything in a ear file. I don't use it
often, to easily develop an application.

>Can I simply create my EJB and deploy it to Orion and then create JSPs to
>use it?

Yep, but your EJB has to be part of an application.

>When I create my EJB, it seems that it must be part of an application in
>order to deploy it to Orion.  Is that correct?

Yep, everything is an application.
In the descriptor of the application you simple specify the components:
ejb's and web components.
So if your application only contains ejb's, they are specified in the
application.xml descriptor. The descriptor tells where to find the ejb's. In
the ejb's dir ou specify the ejb-jar.xml in which you put the ejb details,
and so on....the deeper you go, the more detail you specify...very elegant
and structured.

Take a look at the orion-primer (search in the orion documentation for
primer, as I don't know the url here).

Good luck,
Eddie