Hi.
   I guess by the err log, that you are trying to use this method in a JSP page.
   As by the specs in a JSP to get a reference to the cotext you should use the "pageContext" object, that is found in every JSP page.
   Why not give it a try?

   TRY:

   Vector vectorUsuarios = (Vector)pageContext.getAttribute("vu");

   pageContext is an object of type javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext.

   There is also one implicit object: "application". It should be of type javax.servlet.ServletContext. So you can also try:

   Vector vectorUsuarios = (Vector)application.getAttribute("vu");

   BTW. Your problem is the getServletContext method, not the getAttribute :)

   Hope this helps.
   May the shade of the tree strengthen you.
   Lachezar