In answer to 'Why use Orion"
I had to throw in my two cents, even through I'm no
longer an official subscriber, since I found reading
the archives more beneficial then just subscribing.
Now there are really only three products I play with
on a consistant basis, which are Resin, jboss-jetty,
and Orion.
1. Weblogic is king of the hill, if you can afford the
price, but it is not necessarily a better product then
the cheaper alternatives.
2. Tomcat did start out kind of buggy, but is much
better is 3.2.x releases, and I look forward to 4.0.
Jboss does have a lot of people looking at the code,
and a hugh number of developers.  So far, jetty-jboss
is very stable, and while behind Orion on features, it
will catch up in 3.0.
3.  Magnus and Karl will continue to develop a good
product in Orion, but they need to upgrade the
documentation and support to gain a wider audience,
which is not their primary goal.  Their primary goal
is to work on a server.
4.  Resin is a great JSP engine, but has no EJB in VM
intergration yet.  But the source is available for
developers, which gives it an edge over Orion (as well
as having more staff members).
5. I really haven't seen anything from Enhydra
Enterprise or openejb that impresses me yet, but
Enhydra Enterprise does have the people to make it
work.
  So far, for cheap alternatives, I like Orion, Resin,
and Jboss-jetty.