I have a small tag library application which I have successfully
deployed on Jrun and Tomcat.  The tei class describes a field like this:

  public VariableInfo[] getVariableInfo(TagData data) {
     return new VariableInfo []
        {
           new VariableInfo("eCTSResult",
                            "String",
                            true,
                            VariableInfo.NESTED),
           new VariableInfo("EndMsg",
                            "String",
                            true,
                            VariableInfo.NESTED),
           new VariableInfo("ReturnMsg",
                            "String",
                            true,
                            VariableInfo.NESTED)
        };
  }

When this app is deployed on orion I get the error:
Bean 'String' not found.

In order to make this work I had to change  "String" to
"java.lang.String"

I've also noticed some pretty inconsistent results using
auto-redeployment.  It works sometimes, an other times it takes an error
opening the ear file.  In these cases I have to recycle the server.

Wendell Nichols
Amdahl Software Ltd.
A Fujitsu Company