Hi.

> you need a switch which has multicast enabled; (most ethernet switchs have
> this capability, some just don't have it enabled)
   That is not true.
   Multicast is a network service. It is of type send-on-receive-anyone. That means, that one packet is send and it is received by anyone, listening to that multicast IP/PORT.
   If you have an Ethernet, than you have the Multicast ability. Routing multicast packets is a different question.
   Having one, or more Ethernet networks, connected with "dumb" equipment (HUBs, SWITHCHes, REPEATERs) also gives the multicast routing.
   Internet multicast routings is somehow more complicated.
   It is enough to say, that if you have a single dumb ethernet connection between your boxes is enough for the Orion multicast clustering to work.
   Of course all the boxes have to be configured to use one and the same Multicast IP and one and the same PORT.
   That's it.

   Lachezar.