Hani,

>Try again, the mailing list software was down for a couple of days last
>week....(See Jay, other people lost emails too!)
>
>Hani
I don't think this explains why Karl failed to check  out the license
violation I reported, to respond to my request for an update on that, or
why my three attempts (June 7, 8, and 10) to respond to Karl on the "Oracle
deal" have not shown up.

Would you agree that it's possible for both intentional and unintentional
blocking to occur?

Threads like "Orion Team Needs New List Software" (Mar 14), almost 3 months
ago, apparently have not resulted in a working list.  If Orion is
distributed with a demo news server, how can they not be able to create one
that works on their own?

They said they would hire additional staff, but they didn't.  If the list
server is really the problem, then wouldn't additional staff or a volunteer
from the interest group could have solved this long ago?

Regarding my sanity and my response to Jeff Schnitzer, I was very pissed
off and I forgot that what is commonly known in the intelligence community
may seem "over the top" to private citizens.  Again, I apologize to the
group and ask forgiveness for losing my temper.

I do not believe that Karl and Magnus are part of some ridiculous
conspiracy.  I think they've made some fabulous business decisions, but
also some incredibly stupid ones (like not fulfilling their pledge to hire
more staff or supporting me when I reported a license violation).

The real purpose of my original message was to get them to acknowledge the
free labor they've gotten from the orion community, and to have them
encourage Oracle to tap into that (paid, not for free).  What's wrong with
that?

I confess that I also wanted some vindication for my defense of Randy
Kemp's "A Swedish Idea" suggestion, in which I suggested that Karl and
Magnus were not just angelic geeks in computer heaven -- they have a profit
motive.  I see nothing wrong with that.  Is there something wrong with me
pointing that out?

The discussion went off course when I suggested that my response to Saint
Karl may have been blocked (i.e., censored).  I will apologize immediately
and publicly when any one of my three attempts to post that response goes
through.

I did not publicly discuss the license violation until my sanity and
credibility was publicly challenged.

So, you and Jeff touched a raw nerve with me.  I'd really like for you both
to lay off the mental stability cracks.

Jay