Hi,

I have a very strange problem that occurs when accessing the Orion web
server from some sites. I have tried to trace at TCP level, but I can't
understand why the error occurs.

The following is happening.

1. A connection is established SYN - SYN, ACK - ACK
2. A get is received: GET / HTTP 1.1....
3. An ACK is transmitted.
4. A HTTP/1.1 200 OK is transmitted.
5. The data is transmitted and ACKs are received.
6. A second get is received: GET /images/mainback.gif HTTP/1.1
7. An ACK is transmitted

  And now it hangs for a while (20-60 secs) and then a RST is transmitted.

The strange thing is that it always happens from some sites and all other
sites works fine. The sites where it doesn't work have no problem connecting
to other web servers. I thought that it was a firewall problem, but I can’t
find any differences between a faulty and a working connection.

I don't know if this is an Orion problem or not, but this is driving me
crazy and any help would be appreciated.

The server environment is:

Red Hat 6.2
JDK 1.3.1
Orion 1.5.2