Could anybody please describe once and for all ALL the steps required in
deploying an MDB under Orion ?! It's not normal, you write the code in 5
minutes and you styruggle one day or more to do the deployment :(( !

Here's what I have tried - with no success in having the bean to react :

1. Added resource-ref entries in the deployment descriptor ejb-jar.xml

     <enterprise-beans>
          <message-driven>
                <description>Listener message driven bean</description>
                <display-name>Listener</display-name>
                <ejb-name>ListenerBean</ejb-name>

<ejb-class>com.davincitech.mCare.utils.logging.listener.ListenerBean</ejb-cl
ass>
                <message-driven-destination>
                        <destination-type>javax.jms.Topic</destination-type>
                </message-driven-destination>
                <resource-ref>
                                <description>The log topic where log events
are broadcasted...</description>
                                <res-ref-name>jms/theTopic</res-ref-name>
                                <res-type>javax.jms.Topic</res-type>
                                <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
                </resource-ref>
                <resource-ref>
                                <description>The Factory used to produce
connections to the log topic...</description>

<res-ref-name>jms/theTopicConnectionFactory</res-ref-name>

<res-type>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</res-type>
                                <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
                </resource-ref>
         </message-driven>
    </enterprise-beans>

    Orion will automatically add resource-ref-map entries in
orion-ejb-jar.xml:
                <message-driven-deployment
name="com.davincitech.mCare.utils.logging.listener.ListenerBean"
destination-location="jms/theTopic">
                        <resource-ref-mapping name="jms/theTopic" />
                        <resource-ref-mapping
name="jms/theTopicConnectionFactory" />
                </message-driven-deployment>
    Now my question : DO WE NEED TO USE destination-location AND
connection-factory-location ATTRIBUTES FOR message-driven-deployment OR NOT
?!

2.   I tried without those resource-ref entries in ejb-jar.xml and just
setting destination-location and connection-factory-location and no success
either.

Now, I have a client that uses JMS to publish messages to the topic
(actually is a Log4J JMS appender object) - it uses the following parameters
:

<appender name="JMS" class="org.apache.log4j.net.WL_JMSAppender">
           <param name="TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName"
value="java:comp/env/jms/theTopicConnectionFactory"/>
           <param name="TopicBindingName" value="java:comp/env/jms/theTopic"
/>

           <param name="JNDIContextFactory"
value="com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory"/>
           <param name="URLContextFactory" value="ormi://localhost/mCare" />
           <param name="User" value="admin" />
           <param name="Passwd" value="admin" />

</appender>

I've tested, it is sending a message to the topic -> I changed Orion's
jmschat example to receive any type o message and it does receive the
messages sent by the client.

Now, what do I need to put in jms.xml ?! I've only added the topic's
declaration:

        <topic name="jms/theTopic" location="jms/theTopic">
                <description>A dummy topic</description>
        </topic>

What am I missing ?!??? I'm tired ! :(((

Thanks !

Eugen