We do not have any production site, yet, but from my experience with orion
and EJB, the most important thing is to provide an orion-ejb-jar.xml with
your application, where you specify maximum instance limits for each entity
bean. Otherwise there will be only a timeout to destroy cached instances,
which under heavy load may not be sufficient.
This looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE orion-ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Evermind//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 1.1
runtime//EN" "http://www.orionserver.com/dtds/orion-ejb-jar.dtd";>

<orion-ejb-jar>

    <enterprise-beans>

        <entity-deployment name="BeanName" location="BeanName"
max-instances="[Number of Instances]" validity-timeout="3600000" />

    </enterprise-beans>

</orion-ejb-jar>

Best performance (together with exclusive-write-access) you get with high
timeouts and a sufficient number of instances to fill your RAM without
swapping - only that you must set it for each bean and play around a bit to
find the best values (especially when  you have a lot of entity beans).
Lowest memory usage you get with both low timeouts and max-instances, of
course.

This is no memory leak issue, but may seem as such if you don't limit the
number of beans and put your system under heavy load. Other problems with
memory (except for our own code ;-)  did not show up yet.

Good luck,

Jens Stutte