Has anyone experienced Orion hanging when all of the available
connections from the pool are exhausted? I noticed a similar question
posted by Joel Shellman back in August of 2000 but there was no response
to his question.

I can re-issue the same URL from a browser multiple times and once the
application has taken the last pooled connection it hangs and never
returns. Orion never lets go of the connection even after waiting for
over an hour. Only way to get Orion working again is to boot.
Connections are not being made in an EJB but in "regular" java classes
that are called from a stateless session bean.

My application is to be deployed on an Intranet and I expect the traffic
to be minimal so a work around is to set up the connection pool with a
large enough number of connections so that they are never used up, but
Orion shouldn't be hanging. Is this an Orion problem or am I missing
something in the data-sources.xml file?

Thanks for any help.

Milton S.

I am running Orion 1.5.2 on NT 2000 Professional against an Oracle 8i
database on NT 4.0 server using the Oracle Thin JDBC driver.

Here is the data-source I am using:

<data-source
     class="com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource"
     name="jdbc/PWOW_OracleCoreDS"
     location="jdbc/PWOW_OracleCoreDS"
     pooled-location="jdbc/PWOW_OraclePooledDS"
     xa-location="jdbc/xa/PWOW_OracleXaDS"
     ejb-location="jdbc/PWOW_OracleEjbDS"
     connection-driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
     min-connections="5"
     max-connections="10"
     username="uid"
     password="pwd"