Hi Christian,
Frankly we have the same problem, trying to access the entity bean
through a session bean and not being able to rollback. However
rollback is working perfectly fine in stateful/stateless session bean.

One thing which I noticed in your xml file is that you have not given
the tranas-attribute 'Required'. You have to do that in order to get
at least the stateless or stateful beans to work on transactions. E.g.
do two sql 'inserts' in one session bean in one method and if one
fails throw EJBException and the rollback happens.

But in the case of an entity bean being accessed by a session bean, if
the entity throws an EJBException in the ejbStore() that is not being
caught by the session bean and so the rollback does not occur.

If you want the code for the session beans working with rollback, I
can send it to you. I have to thank Mr Rob Lapenese for that bit of
help.

Kind Regards
Aby Philip