There is a flag you need to set to make it look up from remote server.
It is hidden somewhere in the javadoc...
-----Original Message-----
From: Ville Rinne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 1:17 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: problem with looking up the same EJB from different servers

Hi,

We've recently changed to orion and my problem now is that I have an application that looks up an EJB from one of our orion servers and does some things with it. Everything works fine whilst I'm using a single server, but I am unable to fetch the same EJB from a different server. I have a method that creates an InitialContext and does all the work and then just returns. Now this method works fine the first time for example for server A, but then when I call it again to do the same work for server B I still get the handle to the EJB on server A even though I've created a new InitalContext and set all the parameters to match server B. So obviously the properties I am giving to my InitialContext are not getting flushed between calls to my method or something, any ideas about this ? If I quit my program in between the EJB-lookups everything works fine naturally.

cheers,
Ville Rinne