-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Yashasree
Kulkarni
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 1:41 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem in custom User Managers !!!

Hi All

I am trying out my hands on using a custom user manager for user/groups in
orion for ejbs.
This access to the ejbs is defined in the orion-ejb-jar.xml at the method
level. i.e. we are giving method permissions for the ejbs in ejb-jar.xml
file.
Also the orion-application and orion-ejb-jar.xml have been configured for
the same. Now i added the group names (though not actually required) to the
principals.xml and tried to access the ejb methods through a java client.
But orion throws a security exception, even if valid user name is provided.
It's basically failing to recognise/read  a group name and validate the
users against the group. The inGroup(username, groupname)/isMemberOf()
method in my custom user manager ( derived from SimpleUserManager from
orionsupport.com) does not get called at all!!

Do I need to override the methods(like getGroups..) of the UserWrapper class
( implementing User) in SimpleUserManager class?

The whole problem started when I shifted from a web application to a simple
java client accessing ejbs...

Please help...
Thanks in advance
Yash