Frank,

There are two solutions to this....the bad and the ugly.

The bad:

create a link in each of your web pages to another server outside the
loadbalancer. lets call it your logger manager. It just delivers a one pixel
element somewhere. The link uses a naming convention that reflects the web
page and server/cluster island, etc. The servlet in the logger manager will
log the page that was accessed, by what ip address, etc. You can even use
javascript instead of a one pixel image to write the ip address in a hidden
form element, and let your orion web servers do the actual logging from this
element.

The ugly:

Intercept the incoming ip traffic, log it, and forward it to the
loadbalancer. Slow but reliable. Many programs can do this.

If anybody has another solution...post it. Karl told me that the
loadbalancer does not include the requesters ip address in the request.

Regards,

the elephantwalker