Hi,

I know this topic has been discussed a lot in here, but I haven't been
able to find the answer in the archive or in the documentation. The
problem is: I decided to have a go with JMS but I can't even start to
play with it, as all I get is "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException".
These are the steps I have followed:
.- Configure server.xml with the following line:
        <jms-config path="./jms.xml" />
.- Configure jms.xml with this content:
        <jms-server port="9127" host="localhost">
                <queue-connection-factory
                        location="jms/QueueConnectionFactory"/>
                <queue name="Demo Queue" location="jms/demoQueue">
                        <description>A dummy queue</description>
                </queue>
                <log>
                        <file path="../logs/jms.log" />
                </log>
        </jms-server>
.- Add jndi.properties to my application's classes(WEB-INF/classes),
with the following content:

java.naming.factory.initial=com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory
        java.naming.provider.url=ormi://localhost/
        java.naming.security.principal=admin
.- Then in my servlet, I just try to see if the objects are there:
        Context ctx = new InitialContext();
        QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory =
                (QueueConnectionFactory)
ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jms/QueueConnectionFactory");
        // Exception is thrown in the line above
The facts:
        .- JMS Server seems to have been started, as I can see the jms.log file
and reads (Date 1.4.5 Started)
        .- I have tried with various names, with and without java:comp/env, and
with various methods (list, listBindings...) with no look. I cannot get
a single object to be looked up.
        .- Platform is WinNt 4.0, JDK1.3.0-c hotspot, Orion 1.4.5 (I also tried
1.5.2 with the same results)

So, what have I forgotten to do? It seems like I just forgot to do some
essential step. I tried to find the JMS how to by Kesav Kumar but I
couldn't find it. Anybody, please?
Thank you in advance,
D.

PD: On a side note, I have seen man people trying to use external JMS
providers with Orion, is that so because Orion JMS is buggy? Would it be
better to use some external tool like OpenJMS or so? I had thought it
would be nice to have everything in the same place, this way you just
have to take care of one server. Comments?

Daniel Lopez Janariz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Web Services
Computer Center
Balearic Islands University