I have to add my voice to this. This is just an example of the problems
that can happen when a lot of well meaning and eager people do what seems
to be a good idea, yet turns out to do nothing beyond make the problem
they're trying to fix even worse.

The people who end up suffering are those who need actual help with Orion,
as every new mailing list further dilutes the pool of competent
knowledgable people present on any given resource that can provide help.

I for one will NOT be joining any orion related mailing lists other o-i,
and I would go so far as asking you all to likewise resist the temptation
of 'encouraging' these other lists, for the following reasons:

- Any individual list is 'worth less', as it's only a subset of the
community.

- The barrier of entry to Orion is higher (who wants to join 4 mailing
lists just to ask a simple question?)

- Bias that is very likely to occur (MY support site/list/whatever is
cooler/better/richer than yours!)

- Turf issues. (don't crosspost to our list! Go away and ask *that*
list! Oh now you come to us after you failed on *that* list?)

- Same old same old. Does anyone truly think the rash of 'is Orion
dead/gone/sold out' and 'have Magnus/Karl given up/died/become
hermits/taken up fishing/sold out' questions that pop up every couple of
months iks going to dimish? On the contrary, now you get per-list
threads about the exact same thing! Wheee!

Of course, feel free to ignore all this and join six orion related lists
and sign up with four orion support websites. More power to you.

Hani