Microsoft just announced that they are releasing a Type 4 JDBC driver for
SQL Server 2000.  It's based on code licensed from Merant.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Sep01/09-25MerantPR.asp

Download the beta here:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/default.asp

Haven't tested it yet, but will soon.  I'm glad that Microsoft has done this
as I know a fair number of people using SQL Server to back their Java
applications.

Does anyone have any experience with Merant's drivers?

Darren.

--
Darren Gibbons                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenRoad Communications                               ph: 604.681.0516