Title: RE: loadbalancer.jar: what does it do, really?

sticky loadbalancing is not such a good idea for orion as it will cause errors if the server is down and the loadbalancer tries to route to that instance. This is a MAJOR problem if another web server is in front of the orion instance and the loadbalancer can not "see" that orion is down.

the loadbalancer.jar does sticky ip by default itself and we have had to turn it off when because of the above issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 9:56 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: loadbalancer.jar: what does it do, really?

I'd like to use a my Cisco loadbalancer that can do session
sticky affinity based balancing instead of loadbalancer.jar.
Is there doc or can someone list the functions of loadbalancer.jar
so that I might safely know if my desire is possible?

I've heard that folks have used other HW based load balancers
successfully or where there issues?

Thanks, curt

Curt Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]