That would be the place to start.

Unlike C/C++ where the keyword "static" denotes a private variable, a
static variable in Java is shared among all instances of the class.
This includes instances of subclasses.

So if one instance of a class changes the value of a static variable,
all the other instances immediately see the new value.  If you are
storing login information in static variables, this would cause this
data to be shared among all instances, with "last one" to set the
variables "winning".

-Steve

PS. Like your sig!

--