I will be out of the office from 10-Sep-2001 to 03-Oct-2001, with limited email and voice mail access.  For business matters, please click on the link below to contact the relevant person.

PetStore eXtreme matters :James H. Brooks

Other business matters, my manager : David L. Johnson

Thank you.

Chris Chelliah

--- Begin Message ---
hi guys,
i am new to orion,
i already downloaded orion application server, and unzipped under c:\orion
directory.
according to instructions i also put the tools.jar under c:\orion
Next on command window , i ran  java -jar orion.jar -install
which prompted me to enter a password, and it said installation was done
though i was surprised to  finish so fast,  i tried running orion by
java -jar orion.jar
as i expected it didn't start , but gave me the following strange error:

C:\orion>java -jar orion.jar
Fatal Error: Transaction log file (/C:/orion/persistence/transaction.state)
did
not exist and was not possible to create, the most common reason for this is
an
invalid path or Orion lacking security to write to that path:
/C:/orion/persiste
nce/transaction.state (系統找不到指定的路徑。) (the last part of the message
says
system couldn't find the path in chinese).
can someone help me please with this,
so far i have used tomacat3, tomcat 4, jsdk, etc..
i have never seen this kind of strange problem, and i don't have any idea
how to solve it
i tried several methods in vain.
i put c:\orion in my path, it didn't help
please give me some help, ( before i decide to switch to another one)
thanks for your concern
cheers :)

--- End Message ---