Hi Jeff.

Multiple versions of the same application at the same time?  I did not
mean to imply that!  We only deploy one version of each application, and
then let the application decide which database to connect during
runtime, based on which user is accessing it at that time.

If there is some way for CMP to determine which database it is supposed
to connect to at any given time, based on which user is making the call,
I would be interested in hearing about it.

-Steve

J.D. Bertron wrote:

> I don't think that's weird at all. I've always had applications select the
> database they connect to at run time, not deployment time.
> This seems like a major problem to me, with consequences on regression
> testing etc...
> It makes no sense to have two identical applications deployed with different
> datasources.xml, just so the end user can decide which DB to connect to.
> I can see why it's easier to have it that way from the server end, because
> you don't have to worry about switching a datasource on an active bean, but
> that's short sighted.
> J.D.

[snip to save bandwidth]

--