I am also getting this exception when including  a soap call into my ejb. I
am certain I have correct soap.jar classpath reference in my classpath
environment variable. My ant deployment also has a correct reference to the
soap.jar. It happens during the run time. As if the container (bean wrapper
in particular didn't know of the soap). Strangely enough the method that
makes the call is not even executed at the time the exception is thrown.

lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/soap/SOAPException
        at
ContextManager_StatelessSessionBeanWrapper52.saveContext(ContextManag
er_StatelessSessionBeanWrapper52.java:353)
        at
__jspPage85_CXTSaveContext_jsp._jspService(__jspPage85_CXTSaveContext
_jsp.java:145)
        at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind._ah._rad(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind._cxb._abe(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind._cxb._uec(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind._io._twc(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind._io._gc(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind._if.run(Unknown Source)