From: Pauline McNamara [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 5:57 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Orion on Macintosh OSX setup

Patience with a newbie please...

I'm setting up Orion on a Mac with OSX 10.1 (so J2SE 1.3.1) and
have come upon 2 stumbling blocks. Any advice is much appreciated.

First: According to the installation instructions, the JDK's tools.jar file
should be copied into the Orion directory. On the OSX the JDK is structured
differently and the
tools  in the form of a .jar file are not to be found. Any hints?

Second: I went ahead and started orion with <java -jar orion.jar> and get
the
following error message:
"Error starting HTTP-Server: Permission denied
 Orion/1.5.2 initialized"
I understand that I can't access port 80 when not logged in at the root, and

that I probably have to alter the web.xml file to change the port (to a port
over 1024).
I tried adding this:
<web-site host="localhost" port=8080>
</web-site>
but got the same message.
Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Pauline