second try....

-----Original Message-----
From: The elephantwalker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 8:16 AM
To: Orion-Interest; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Best way to add user records to EJBUserManager...

The best way to add users in Orion is with Orion's roleManager interface.
This abstracts the usermanager, so that you can define your usermanager api
with xml configuration.

Check-out this trail the docs here:

http://www.orionserver.com/docs/api/com/evermind/security/RoleManager.html

At our site, we use the RoleManager to do all of our user management. If
later we decided to migrate to an LDAP usermanager from EJBUserManager,
aside from moving the database, all we need to do is change the
orion-application.xml user-manager tag...with no changes to our application
code.

Nifty, eh!

regards,

the elephantwalker