remove

-----Original Message-----
From: JoseMa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 17 January 2002 08:30
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: Lookup EJB's in another application

Hi Patrik,

    I had the same problem and I look for some information about how to
resolv this problem. Although the aplications are in the same server the
connection become as if they was in differents servers. I used the
RMIContextFactory with the next code:

    Context context = null;
    Hashtable env = new Hashtable();

env.put("java.naming.factory.initial","com.evermind.server.rmi.RMIInitialCon
textFactory");
   env.put("java.naming.provider.url", "ormi://localhost:<rmi
port>/<application name>");
    try
    {
      context = new InitialContext (env);
     context.lookup("EjbName");
    }
    catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println("Conection error");
    }

If you don't change the values of rmi.xml in the Orion config you don't need
specify the rmi port. The applicacion name is the name that appear in
server.xml and identify the application. Is possible that you need especify
a username and password for connect to applicacion, I don't need it. For
specify these parametrers you need to put the next:

    env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "admin");
     env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "<password>");

I hope that this information can help you.

Best regards,