Hi there,

I've been doing some research about how to log using log4j with Orion. I
was thinking that I'd like to have the log written to the Orion
application log file so that you can see the order that things happen
in. You can see other people have done similar things for other app
servers, eg weblogic (see the source posted at
http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Web/8359/0/7380790/ and
http://theserverside.com/discussion/thread.jsp?thread_id=2194).

I noticed some discussion on the list about logging using log4j to the
application.log file by writing an OrionAppender class which logs via
the com.evermind.util.Logger and LogEvent which are supposedly located
at java:comp/Logger
(http://www.mail-archive.com/orion-interest@orionserver.com/msg11512.htm
l,
http://www.mail-archive.com/orion-interest@orionserver.com/msg06399.html
,
http://www.mail-archive.com/orion-interest@orionserver.com/msg06502.html
).

Has anyone attempted to implement such logger?

If not, I'm thinking of having a hack myself...

Cheers

Geoff