Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 1:11 AM
Subject: Shutdown causes Address in use: JVM_Bind

I'm running Orion 1.5.3 on Nt4/SP6, and jdk1.3.1_01.

The command I use to shut the server down is:

C:\jdk1.3.1_01\bin\java.exe -jar admin.jar ormi://localhost admin pwd -shutdown

After a shutdown, starting the server always produces the following on the orion console.

Error starting HTTP-Server: Address in use: JVM_Bind
Orion/1.5.3 initialized
My work-around is to boot windows, very tedious.

The command I use to start the server is:

C:\jdk1.3.1_01\bin\java.exe "-jar"  "orion.jar"

I had a look thru the archive but the search keys 'Shutdown', and various
substrings of the server console log, above, did not reveal any solutions.

Is there an alternative way of shutting down the server, that releases the
tcp/ip binding ?

TIA Bill.