ResultSet is not a seralizable object.  ResultSet is opened cursor to the database.  If you want to pass ResultSet to client i.e jsp/servlet either conver the ResultSet data into you own custom objects or collection classes.  The other alternate is to use CachedRowSet.  CachedRowset is serializable object and contains all the information what ResultSet contains.  You can get more information on RowSet at http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-02-2001/jw-0202-cachedrow.html

-kesav

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 8:50 PM
Subject: problem with ResultSet Object

Dear Sir
Currently i am working om the orion server.
i have deployed my application properly.
But i am facing some problem with transfering ResultSet object from my
EJB to jsp . It error i am facing is
this

 inside basedl The statement is  oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement@9617f825
 inside basedl The resultset  is  oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet@c72ff82a
Resultset is before returning :*************** oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet@c72ff82a

inside buildselect exception is

com.evermind.server.rmi.OrionRemoteException: Error (de-)serializing object: ora
cle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet
        at com.evermind.server.ejb.EJBUtils.cloneObject(Unknown Source)
        at ConnectionPool_StatelessSessionBeanWrapper0.read(ConnectionPool_State
lessSessionBeanWrapper0.java, Compiled Code)

can any body tell me how to solve this problem
Waiting for your reply..
regds
sachin