I ran this test case against Oracle 9i using 1.5.4 and no changes to any
orion-ejb-jar.xml files
and it worked like a charm. The other database that I use, SAP DB fails (hangs). With
1.5.3 both
Oracle and SAP DB failed. So I think some items have been fixed - and I also am now
looking at
what happens on the database side. Think I'll look at SAP DB's JDBC driver and see how
it handles
these errors.

Cheers
Ray