Hello,

We have an application where we are loading a consequent number of beans
(BMP) from the database.
To avoid opening to many connections to the database,
we have set two bmp entities specification in the orion-ejb-jar.xml like
this :

<enterprise-beans>
        <entity-deployment name="TheFirstBean" copy-by-value="false"
max-instances="40" location="TheFirstBean"
wrapper="EJBFirstHome_EntityHomeWrapper4" table="TheFirstBean"
instance-cache-timeout="10" pool-cache-timeout="10">
        </entity-deployment>
        <entity-deployment name="TheSecondBean" copy-by-value="false"
max-instances="40" location="TheSecondBean"
wrapper="EJBSecondHome_EntityHomeWrapper5" table="TheSecondBean"
instance-cache-timeout="20" pool-cache-timeout="20">
        </entity-deployment>

I was thinking that the number of instance will never exceed 40 but
actually when we ran the
application we reached quickly a number exceeding this parameter for
each  bean.
Moreover, there is a fluctuating number of bean instances pooled which
never exceed 20.

I was wondering what is the policy applied to a bean in the pooled state
which reached its timeout.
We would like to release each connection after a bean is loaded.
Is there any clean solution ?

Any help will be appreciated.

        Gautier Koscielny