Hello,
i´m working on the current experimental version 1.5.4 and i need to trigger a bean
cache refresh from inside my application.

Reason:
The entity beans are deployed with the <exclusive-write-access = "true">. This should
assure a better performance.
over 95% - 99% percent of all table update, delete, create, .... actions are done
using the Entity beans -- there should be no problem.

As an "admin" feature you are able to access the persistance layer in a direct way, to
satisfy some user requrements. (An SQL console, ...)

With optimization you have the problem to keep the bean caches up to date.

As an idea, we want to trigger from such a rare direkt database access a refresh to
the bean chaches.

is there a way to trigger the bean caches from "outside"? The idea is to implement a
SessionBean method like '... refreshBeanCaches(...)' or tomething like that.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Oliver Stauss

 Dipl. Ing. (FH) Oliver Stauss
 Software Architect / Consultant

  eXXcellent solutions gmbh
  in der wanne 55
  D-89075 ulm

  e | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  t | +49 [0]731-55026-0
  f | +49 [0]731-55026-99
  i | www.exxcellent.de
100 MB gute Gründe! Jetzt anmelden und FreeMail-Speicher erweitern für
Sprach-, Fax- und Mailnachrichten unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021103