You should set the exclusive-write-access="false" in your orion-ejb-jar.xml file since you are not accessing the table (exclusively) through the Entity bean.  Why not have the stateless session bean use the create() method in the Entity bean's home?  Have you run into a performance issue pertaining to that to where it is inefficient to use the create()?

Later...

Greg
-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 2:30 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Java newsgroups: Entity Beans not synchronising with database

We are currently using a stateless session bean to perform a direct update of a table in the database and then using a finder method in the home interface of an entity bean which is mapped over the same table to retrieve the records that have just been updated. Because both transactions are managed by the application server, it should know that the entity beans need to refresh from the database because some data has changed.

However the result is that the direct update is committing the change to the database as you would expect, but the entity beans retrieved do not reflect that change. Do we need to force the entity bean to refresh from the database?

We are using 1.5.4 Orion Application Server, EJB 1.1 and MSSQL 7 database.

ta,

- dave

Dave Kumar. Software Developer

Prolog4 - Prolog House, Littlemoor, Eckington, Sheffield, S21 4EF
TEL: +44(0)1246 439400 FAX: +44(0)1246 439401
E-MAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WEB: http://www.prolog4.com

This email is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s). Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If received in error please contact the sender, then delete it from your system.

When addressed to our customers, any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the contract of sale. No contracts may be concluded on behalf of any Prolog Group company by means of email communications.

Please note that neither Prolog nor the sender accepts responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).