That's correct AFAIK, and applies to all connection pooling
schemas(JDBC, ODBC, you name it) but on most recent versions, the driver
will pool the connections itself, not Orion.

Anyhow, you got most of it right, except that another jsp page instance
may vote in a different connection. No sweat tough, you should have to
pour a lot of code to make that happen, it's called 2PC(it's a protocol)
and allows different transactions to operate as a single one(different
transactions means they may not be in the same DB/DBHost; they may even
be DB's from different vendors!).

So basically, if you're not into learning exotic protocols or
implementing exotic systems, then you're ok with Orion as is.

My 2c,

Juan Pablo Lorandi
Chief Software Architect
Code Foundry Ltd.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Barberstown, Straffan, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
Tel: +353-1-6012050  Fax: +353-1-6012051
Mobile: +353-86-2157900
www.codefoundry.com